what others are saying about the inaugural lighthouse 100!!
Yes, we got stuck with very hot and windy weather on race day. But that didn't take away from the beauty of the course, and it didn't deter the runners from reaching their goals. With a 70% finishing rate for the 100-miler, and an 80% finishing rate for the 50-miler, the runners displayed an unreal amount of grit and fortitude! Here's what people are saying about the race:
- "Thank you to you, Dave Krupski, and all the volunteers who made this race a success. I imagine putting on a 100 mile race is more stressful and difficult than actually running it. Also - thanks to Alex for being so positive and always big smile on her face every time I saw her. Smiling is contagious!" -- Whitney Richman (VA), Overall 100-mile Champion (16:50)
- "Dave, Alex, Ethan and everyone else involved in staging the Lighthouse 100 ultra deserve an immense amount of credit. Great course, great staff/volunteers and a wonderful experience. I recommend people sign up for next years event asap. I feel very honored to be part of the inaugral race, to meet so many awesome people, and it is always a pleasure to be part of one of Dave's great races. Finally, thanks to Dave as my coach for his advice and support and immense congratulations to Whitney [the overall 100-mile champion] for a trully impressive result." -- Will Gane (Chicago, IL), Men's 100-mile Champion
- "It was a race like no other 🙌🏾 absolutely one of the most stunning and picturesque courses I've ever seen♥️ don't Let the beauty fool you ! Not for the faint of heart ! We all Faced record temps in the 90s ( it was suppose to be a great day of comfortable 70s and 40 for the lows) surreal headwinds of 40-50 mph winds 💨 SAND storms !!! 🙊and some fabulous rolling hills 😳 I am thankful for all the support from the race staff and all the other wonderful volunteers !!!!! Not to mention the crews of other runners who cheerfully helped me along the way!! Thank you ALL so much for your kindness and generosity 😊 While it was not the race I was hoping for I will take the 20:36 3rd Female and 4th overall ✌🏾one of my most memorable 💯s !!! -- Sandra Villines (San Jose, CA), Women's 3rd-place finisher (100-mi), and 4th overall
- "Thank you Dave and ALL the volunteers for putting on another amazing event in a drop dead gorgeous setting. Definitely worth the trip and the buckles ROCK!" -- John Oster (CO), Men's 100-mile finisher
- Thank you SO much for such a beautiful 100 miler! You were right, that course is amazing!!! -- Jessica LeMere (Green Bay, WI), Women's 100-Mile Masters Champion
- Great job! Thank you for all your hard work. Looking forward to next year. -- Shelli Waroquier (MI), Women's 50-59 year-old champ, 50-miler
- I wanted to thank you for hosting this amazing event that allowed me to travel some parts of Michigan I may have never seen! Thank you again for hosting us, it was an amazing experience that I will forever treasure! -- Joe Durrett (KY), 100-mile finisher
More reviews coming soon (the race was only a few days ago)!!!